Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 4 in China

Deluxe Room at Shangri-La Hotel

After breakfast the next morning, I went to Guilin. The first thing I visited there was the Reed Flute Cave. It got its name from the reeds growing outside of it. People make flutes out of these reeds. The color lighting looks really cool on the stalactites, stone pillars, and rock formations. After about three hours of visiting the Reed Flute Cave, I went to the Daxu Ancient Town. This town was built over 2,000 years ago. The local farmers and people who live there were very friendly and welcoming. After the town, I went to see the Big Banyan Tree. It is huge! The tour guide said that it measured 17 metres high and 7.05 metres in diameter. The tree wasn’t famous until a movie was shot there. After that long day, I had some banana pancakes at Midiexiang. They were just as good as they sound. After I ate, I was tired so I headed to the hotel. I stayed at Shangri-La Hotel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment