Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 3 in China

Island of the Oranges

Today I woke up early and got packed. I checked out of that hotel and headed to Changsha. When I got there I checked into City Centre Hotel in Changsha and unpacked my things. The first place I went to was the Island of the Oranges. It was named for the large amount of orange trees growing there. The view was absolutely beautiful. Next, I went to Han Graves. The three Han Graves came to light during excavations carried out between1972-1974.After that, I decided to get some dinner. I was really hungry since I didn’t eat anything but a cereal bar. I had some Changsha Maren Crispy Duck. I got it from the famous chef in Changsha, Shi Yinxiang. After I ate, I went to Yuelushan Hill Park. This is one of Changsha’s most historic places. The hill rises to about 300 meters above sea level. Not only is it known for its historic spots but also its academic establishments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment